| A rocky beach day at Turn-Arounds |
I’m a blogger! WHAT? I can’t believe I’m finally doing this. I have always loved to write and I usually drone on and on about “stuff” to my girlfriends via e-mail, IM, text, Facebook…even random forums full of strangers. I love writing as an outlet for self-expression. Frequently, I think to myself, “This is funny shit!” or “This is profound shit!” or “Does anyone read this shit?”
Mind you, I am not a reader. I am not the type of girl who can sit and read for hours…and I am especially not the type of girl who brags about her vacations by saying things like, “Oh, it was just splendid! I just plopped myself into a big cozy chair and got caught up on all of my reading.” Uhh…boring. I’m a smart girl, but to me – reading is lame. As Jim Gaffigan so hilariously puts it…”Have you seen TV? It’s way better! There’s pictures…and sound…”
Check him out here.
He’s right. TV is way better than reading. Now let’s not forget that basically every good book out there has been made into a movie. Right? If a book is that good, it will eventually be made into a movie. And I’m not an idiot. I’m smart. I get my news from Jon Stewart (F***ing brilliant) and I download audiobooks to listen to while driving. Why am I talking about this? Oh yeah…because I’m writing a blog. So…okay to sum up – I’m not a reader, but I love to write, and I’m not an idiot. So there.
Check him out here.
He’s right. TV is way better than reading. Now let’s not forget that basically every good book out there has been made into a movie. Right? If a book is that good, it will eventually be made into a movie. And I’m not an idiot. I’m smart. I get my news from Jon Stewart (F***ing brilliant) and I download audiobooks to listen to while driving. Why am I talking about this? Oh yeah…because I’m writing a blog. So…okay to sum up – I’m not a reader, but I love to write, and I’m not an idiot. So there.
Now, I do have a goal for this blog…but since it’s so new I’m not sure which direction it will go quite yet. I want it to be an organic expression of things I find blog-worthy. What makes it blog-worthy is bound to change over time, but my preliminary ideas are to make this blog a place to share the things that bring joy to my life. I find joy in the simplest things. I laugh at inappropriate times. I use humor as a way to share laughter. I love to run marathons because I get to train at the beach. I love to ride my beach cruiser to the beach on the weekends with my husband. I love to be where I live…in
| Gorgeous husband |
| Carlsbad Beach at Grand Ave. (where we got married) |
Until next time...go find your sweet spot!
No comments:
Post a Comment